Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Homebound Holiday

This year we are officially staying home for Christmas! We have made it clear that anyone is welcome to visit, but we are NOT traveling. Somehow I think the knowledge that we will not have to go anywhere has put us much more in the holiday spirit. Our Christmas tree is up and decorated, and I even made a Christmas tree skirt to cover its naked trunk. I had a slight concern this year with bringing a tree into a house where a dog lives, but amazingly there have been no issues. The only change is that our pup has found a new favorite place to nap; right under the tree on top of the new skirt.

So along with this holiday atmosphere has come the overwhelming desire to start baking. Unfortunately the days are filled with work, and the evenings and weekends have suddenly started to fill up with meetings, activities, work parties, church parties, family and friends visiting, and little holiday excursions. All good things, but my inner baker is starting to get impatient. Once my frustrated cooking desires have been satisfied I will let you all know what wonderful creations I’ve made. Until then I’ll just keep dreaming up new recipes.

4 comments:

  1. Haha well when we come to visit I will help you bake if you still feel the desire, because I am always willing to eat baked goods, so we can cook while the guys do guy things. I am so happy we can be blog buddies now, I so wish I knew about your blog a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be in DC for a few days if you guys want to meet up and be touristy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, when are you comming? Let us know and we would love to meet up if we can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you saying you wernt going to be in PA for christmas, if i get sometime I just may have to come and go to the temple and let you know! and you're better then me in being able to control your inner baker, I have a hard time at doing that! I just bake, even if time doesnt allow :) It would be fun to bake together sometime, maybe you need to make a trip to Rexburg Idaho :) I LOVE BAKING! :)

    ReplyDelete