Sunday, May 29, 2011

Getting Ready

This weekend Henry and I both had Friday off, so we spent some of that extra time on finally finishing the nursery. It has been in a state of near completion for weeks now, and while I still have a couple small projects I want to do, it is now more or less finished. So here are some pictures of the finished product. (The coloring in the first couple pictures is a little off due to lighting)


The nursery from the doorway.


The other side of the room.


This is a more accurate depiction of the wall color. I finally made the crib skirt this weekend after putting it off for almost a month. And yes, that is a tree on the wall above the crib (we had someone asking us what it was).


Changing table, Dr. Seuss pictures, and the great blanket made by Tana.



Henson James Lopez

I know we are still supposed to have four weeks till his arrival, but it's a relief to have pretty much everything ready now. This long weekend came at the perfect time.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I bet that was a lot of work! It looks awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I love those dr. suess pics. where'd you get those. and love the chair too. way to be ready you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! It has been a fun project. The pictures are actually just taken out of some old Dr. Seuss books we got at a yard sale, I just matted and framed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute room, ok I didn't want to tell you what we got but I am not sure when we will see you next, probably right around when you have the babe, but...well if you already have one it's ok but I am making you a custom baby mobile...so if you don't have one, maybe wait til you see this one before you get one, haha. That was really round about but I don't want you to feel like you can't get another you wanted, but I didn't want you to go out and buy one either because we wanted to give you one. Haha ok anyway we will probalby talk to you soon, oh and go to FOX online and watch MasterChef I was on last nights episode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heather, that's perfect! We don't have one yet, and I'm betting what you make is going to be better than any we have seen (honestly, we don't even have any picked out that we like, so it's like you read our minds).
    I will check out MasterChef. That's pretty neat that you made it in the first episode! Can't wait to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man sorry it took me sooo long to write back. So I finished the mobil and need to send it, unless well one of two things, 1 you are coming up this way before the babe is born, or 2 you want to go to the temple sometime Saturday to pick it up, but really no big deal if neither works out, I just need your address, to heatheraconger@gmail.com well maybe I'll just call you tomorrow, but when is Henson due? And do you need or want any help after he comes? I don't want to be intrusive but I am more than willing to come down and stay a weekend and do laundry and cook or whatever, so just let me know.

    ReplyDelete